Both underproduction and overproduction of hormones can cause symptoms already in childhood.
Symptoms that require a pediatric endocrinologist:
- Growth disorders: short stature, tall stature
- Weakness of the muscles
- Impaired ability to concentrate
- Excessive weight gain or loss
- Constant sweating or feeling cold
- Frequent diarrhea or constipation
- Racing heartbeat
- Delayed or precocious puberty: early or inappropriate body hair, early breast development in girls, breast development in boys, delayed puberty or pubertal failure.