It is a multifaceted field comprised of several subfields that have specialized from Internal Medicine, such as Endocrinology, Gastroenterology, Diabetology, and Cardiology. It’s a good idea to turn to an internist not only when you want to overcome a seasonal illness, but also to consider them as someone who helps you maintain good general health. An internist oversees personalized preventive screening tests from year to year, helping us develop a healthy lifestyle with good advice and monitoring our results and therapies.
When should you turn to an internist?
- With general symptoms, such as fatigue, paleness, weakness, feeling generally unwell
- If you have high blood pressure, diabetes, high cholesterol
- With acute illnesses or illnesses involving fever or viral symptoms
- Stomach complaints, reflux
- For an individualized screening program and lifestyle program for chronic diseases that have not yet appeared, but of which there is a family history
- For the examination of a complex problem (compiling the scheduling of examinations, coordinating, and assembling the examinations)
- General status assessment: annual complex internal medicine screening with lab tests
- Prevention: every 2 years up to age 40, over 40 annually due to the screening program containing specific examinations based on sex and age
- Life management and nutritional advice Immunization: prior to travel to non-European countries, prior to seasonal illnesses such as influenza
- Examination prior to surgeries
- Management of serial intravenous treatments
- Minor injuries
Examinations and therapies available at our clinic:
- Physical examination
- Full lab tests: blood, urine, and stool tests
- Non-stress ECG (stress ECG tests are conducted by cardiologists)
- Influenza quick test ABPM – 24-hour blood pressure monitoring and evaluation
- Helicobacter pylori test
- Hydrogen breath test
- Serial intravenous treatments, which our patients receive in our comfortable recliners
- Medical eligibility examinations (driving license, sailing, possession of weapon)
We pay special attention to regularly screening of our patients’ health, and we believe that prevention is of key importance to health maintenance. For this reason, we have developed our health maintenance program, which contains the necessary screening examinations according to age group, sex and related risk factors. We developed our screening programs based on American guiding principles, which include the highest-standard Internal Medicine consultations and physical examinations, risk assessment and counseling, lab and screening tests, as well as health-maintenance and life management counseling.