The following information is needed to assess travel risk:
- Travel conditions
- Time of year
- The age of the traveler
- The traveler's state of health
- Medicine taken
- Previous vaccinations
- Possible pregnancy
Available travel-related vaccines:
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis B (Hepatitis B junior is in permanent shortage, we can only administer it in combination (hepatitis A+B) from the age of 1)
- Typhoid fever (Typhus abdominalis)
- Meningitis – Meningococcal B, Meningococcal C, Meningococcal ACWY
- IPV - Poliomyelitis (only in combination with DPT)
- MMR (mumps, measles, rubella)
The rabies vaccine can only be obtained prior to travel from outside of Hungary. When visiting the International Vaccination Center, it is advisable to allow time (several weeks) for the purchase to be made.
Some vaccines only provide adequate protection after a series of vaccination, which can take up to a month. It is therefore advisable to refer to the necessary vaccinations as soon as possible after the date of travel is known.
For more information about infectious diseases that can be prevented by vaccination and about childhood and adult vaccinations, visit www.oltasbiztonsag.hu.