Any disorder in them affects the whole body. The most common illnesses that endocrinologists treat are thyroid overactivity, underactivity and inflammation; diseases of the parathyroid, pituitary gland, and adrenal glands; neuroendocrine tumors; diabetes; sexual dysfunction; infertility and bone metabolism ailments.
Symptoms that require an endocrinologist:
- Obesity, weight loss
- Diarrhea, constipation
- Excessive sweating
- Rapid heart beat
- Fatigue, sleeping problems, dizziness
- Abnormal blood lipids
- Breast discharge, breast enlargement in men (gynaecomastia)
- Sexual dysfunction (menstrual disorders, increased hairiness, impotence)
- Kidney stones
- Osteoporosis, frequent fractures
- Thyroid nodular lesion, enlargement of thyroid
- Thyroid disorders during pregnancy
Services available in our clinic:
- Physical examination
- Hormone tests, consultation on test results
- Abdominal ultrasound
- Breast ultrasound
- Testicular ultrasound
- Thyroid,parathyroid ultrasound
- Thyroid surgery
- Ultrasound guided fine needle aspiration cytology (also known as thyroid biopsy).
- Molecular diagnostics are available with the cytology sample.