With the comprehensive approach of the RMC doctors, we apply personally tailored treatment of the symptoms of the menopause, and use the appropriate tools to respond to new risks that may arise during this period. We offer patients the opportunity to live a full, balanced and healthy life in this period too.
The two most significant complications of the menopause are an increased risk of experiencing cardiovascular disease and a higher chance of developing osteoporosis. In many cases, we can help our patients prevent or delay these complications.
The aging process is also associated with increased weight gain, something that has both a range of causes and numerous well-established complications. Identifying the problem and starting treatment in time can help prevent illnesses related to being overweight.
Who is it recommended for?
- For women who are currently going through the change and are experiencing symptoms of menopause
- For women who are currently going through the change and do not yet have any unpleasant symptoms, but would like to prevent common post-menopause illnesses and conditions (cardiovascular disease, osteoporosis)
- If a woman is experiencing an early menopause (for women under the age of 40 whose menstruation cycle has become irregular, or experience no bleeding or increased bleeding for an extended period)
What symptoms indicate that you should visit a doctor?
- Typical symptoms: hot flushes, mood swings, bleeding disorders, sleep disturbances, urinary incontinence
- In the event of metabolic disorders and other conditions e.g. high blood pressure, thyroid disease, depression, unexplained weight gain and digestion issues
- In asymptomatic female patients of a menopausal age, prevention of cardiovascular and osteoporosis can help ensure long-term physical and mental wellbeing
How does the program work?
Complex internal medicine examination:
- Reviewing medical history, recording of complaints, physical examination
- Blood test
- Questionnaires for the patient
- Assessment of whether a consultation with a dietician is necessary
Other tests and imaging diagnostics:
- Bone density assessment
Gynecology complex examination:
- Gynecology complex screening (cytology, HPV, pelvic ultrasound)
- Incontinence screening
- Breast cancer risk assessment
Internal medicine check-up
- Evaluation of test results
- Cardiovascular risk assessment
- Advice regarding lifestyle, programming treatment if deemed necessary to reduce risk