It is worth visiting a gastroenterologist even in the case of mild digestive problems, as there are easily treatable problems behind most of the symptoms. In the event of severe symptoms, it is important to not put off a visit to the specialist.
Symptoms indicating a visit to a gastroenterologist:
- heartburn, flatulence
- diarrhea, constipation
- bad breath
- permanent loss of appetite
- excessive weight loss
- swallowing problems
- mild or severe abdominal pain, with cramping and stabbing sensation
- black or bloody stools
- fever associated with digestive symptoms
- lump in the abdomen
Services available in our clinic:
- Physical examinations
- Laboratory tests
- Stool blood test
- Breath tests (lactose, lactulose, fructose)
- Calprotectin test: We determine from a blood sample if gastroscopy is indeed necessary. This allows us to avoid unnecessary and uncomfortable endoscopic examinations.
- Endoscopic examinations:
Gastroscopy makes lesions visible in the stomach and the esophagus, duodenum and mucosal lining. It enables us to detect gastric and duodenal ulcers, a variety of tumors and polyps.
Colonoscopy: This procedure allows us to view the entire length of the colon and rectum, and the surface of the mucosal lining. Colonoscopy is an effective screening method for colorectal cancer prevention and early detection. Based on international standards, we recommend performing the examination every 8 years over the age of 50.
We carry out endoscopic examinations under general anesthesia, with the help of our anesthetist, in order to avoid any discomfort.