In what cases should you take your child to a pediatric orthopedic specialist?
- Flat feet
- Dislocated hips
- Abnormal gait, bow legs, knock-kneed gait
- Posture disorders, crooked neck
- Growing pain in joints
- Spinal and leg deformities
- Any musculoskeletal complaint
- Minor musculoskeletal injuries
- Screening tests
Recommended pediatric orthopedic screening tests:
- Hip screening at the age of 6 weeks (conducted by pediatric radiologist)
- Musculoskeletal system examination when the child begins to walk
- Examination of legs and spine when the child begins attending school
- Annual screening examination, primarily to rule out spinal curvatures (scoliosis) and collapsed arches (flat feet)
Our clinic is equipped with an X ray machine, so we can have the necessary images at hand right away.