In our previous blog we summarized the most important aspects of brushing your teeth. We told you about how and when to start dental care for children and the best technique. In this blog, we have put together a few tips with the help of the dentists at our Dental Center on how to motivate your child and help them enjoy brushing their teeth.
- Brush your teeth together. If your child sees that it’s something that mummy and daddy do gladly every day, then they will be happy to join in too.
- Let them choose their own toothbrush. If they can brush their teeth together with their favorite cartoon character, they are guaranteed to enjoy it!
- Do it in front of the mirror. If you can watch each other while brushing, it’s not just more fun, it will also help a lot with their technique.
- Listen to music. We’re sure you know your child’s favorite song. Start playing it before you begin brushing, and if they manage to keep brushing till the end of the song, then they’ve definitely done a good job!
- Make a game out of it. You could make a fun table, and make a mark every time they brush their teeth. Pick something your child will like.
Try out some mobile apps!
We all know that children love playing with smart gadgets, which is why it might be a good idea to try some downloadable applications that make brushing your teeth more fun. Here are a few, so there’s no need to search for them.
(All apps are available for both Android and iOS.)
- Disney Magic Timer
- Chomper Chums
- Toothy: Teeth Brushing Timer
It’s nice to know that brushing your teeth doesn’t have to be a boring, routine activity if the parents use a bit of imagination. It’s really important to do as much as possible to make sure your children love looking after their teeth and appreciate why it matters, as maintaining good oral hygiene can prevent a large number of dental problems and illnesses.