I. PRE-TRIAGE PROCEDURE
Pre-trage is a pre-screening process where we filter out suspected cases of coronavirus from patients who visit us in person. The typical symptoms are fever, a runny nose, sore throat, coughing, vomiting and diarrhea.
At RMC, the objective of the pre-triage process is to create safe conditions for both our patients and staff so we can provide care for all our patients at the right time.
- Pre-visit information:
- At our specialist clinic of Pediatrics, as well as the Fetal Medicine Center and the Dental Center, we treat our symptomatic patients separately from healthy patients if they require urgent examinations.
Symptomatic patients who would like to book an internal medicine appointment will initially treated by an RMC specialist in the form of a brief online consultation. The treating physician will then decide if it is necessary for the patient to attend the clinic in person. For the patient, there are no extra costs related to this procedure, as the combined cost of the online and face-to-face consultations will be no more than the fee for a face-to-face consultation for a patient who does not have any symptoms.
- At our other clinics, we can treat patients suspected of having COVID either through an online consultation, or alternatively in person after a negative antigen rapid test carried at the RMC before the visit. The price of the rapid test in this case is HUF 5,000. Naturally, we are in any case available for online consultations, if requested.
- Answering questions about your COVID symptoms at the RMC reception if you come for an in-person visit
- Temperature taken
(If the patient has someone accompanying them, that person will also have their temperature taken and be required to answer the pre-screening questions.)
II. PRECAUTIONARY MEASURES IN THE CLINIC
- Patients should keep a reasonable distance from each other (at least one meter) when waiting in the clinic.
- All our patients are required to wear masks. Patients arriving to our clinic without masks will be provided with surgical masks at reception.
- Hand disinfection is mandatory at check-in.
- With children, we will ask them if they are able to put the mask on. If they say are willing, they can put the mask on (usually this works with children aged around six and above). If they do not wish to wear the mask, we will not force the issue. Parents must wear a mask. With very young children, we kindly ask parents to cover the baby carrier with a cloth.
- Other than during the necessary physical examination, we will continuously maintain a distance of one meter from the patient whenever possible.
- We also continuously ventilate the common areas. This means the third-floor terrace door will also be left open, but the terrace space itself is out of bounds.
- We comply with the intensified official cleaning requirements set out in response to the pandemic threat.
- Our employees also work in compliance with strict safety rules and wear the mandatory personal protective equipment. They are also not permitted to work if they are showing symptoms of illness.
III. ONLINE CONSULTATIONS
We offer a professional online service to patients in all cases where we can provide a comprehensive medical consultation online. If this is not possible – because the medical specialist believes a face-to-face consultation is required – we are still able to receive patients at the clinic with the highest level of safety and in line with our strict clinical procedure.
IV. PCR test, COVID-19 antigen rapid test and serological testing
The COVID-19 test and antigen rapid test, as well as serological testing, are available at RMC. PCR and antigen rapid tests confirm a current infection. Serological tests show if someone has previously caught the virus and has already recovered from it, even if they were asymptomatic.