Please note that – in line with the government's epidemiological rules – at RMC, we continue to ask that all our patients wear masks. Patients arriving to our clinic without masks will be provided with surgical masks at reception.
I. PRE-TRIAGE PROCEDURE
Pre-trage is a pre-screening process where we filter out suspected cases of coronavirus from patients who visit us in person. The typical symptoms are fever, a runny nose, sore throat, coughing, vomiting and diarrhea.
At RMC, the objective of the pre-triage process is to create safe conditions for both our patients and staff so we can provide care for all our patients at the right time.
- Prior to your visit, we ask you via email if you experience the typical symptoms above on or before the date of your examination. If the examination is not time-sensitive and can therefore be delayed, please cancel your appointment and we will do our best to find you an alternative date as soon as possible after you have recovered from your symptoms.
- Taking of your temperature and disinfecting your hands on arrival to your personal appointment.
- If you arrive at your personal appointment with any of the above symptoms and the doctor determines it necessary in the interests of patient safety, we request that you take a Covid test prior to being treated. For operations requiring general anaesthetic, a negative test is required in all cases. The tests are provided free of charge in these instances.
The above rules also apply to those accompanying patients.
II. PRECAUTIONARY MEASURES IN THE CLINIC
- Patients should keep a reasonable distance from each other (at least one meter) when waiting in the clinic.
- All our patients are required to wear masks. Patients arriving to our clinic without masks will be provided with surgical masks at reception.
- Children younger than six, as well as people who have a learning or psychosocial disability or who are on the autism spectrum, are not required to wear a mask. Patients being cared for in the ward of our Same Day Surgery Center are also not required to wear a mask.
- Hand disinfection is mandatory at check-in.
- With children, we will ask them if they are able to put the mask on. If they say are willing, they can put the mask on (usually this works with children aged around six and above). If they do not wish to wear the mask, we will not force the issue. With very young children, we kindly ask parents to cover the baby carrier with a cloth.
- Other than during the necessary physical examination, we will continuously maintain a minimum distance of one meter from the patient whenever possible.
- We comply with the intensified official cleaning requirements set out in response to the pandemic threat.
- Our employees also work in compliance with strict safety rules and wear the mandatory personal protective equipment. They are also not permitted to work if they are showing symptoms of illness.
III. ONLINE CONSULTATIONS
We offer a professional online service to patients in all cases where we can provide a comprehensive medical consultation online. If this is not possible – because the medical specialist believes a face-to-face consultation is required – we are still able to receive patients at the clinic with the highest level of safety and in line with our strict clinical procedure.
IV. PCR test, Covid-19 antigen rapid test and serological testing
The Covid-19 test and antigen rapid test, as well as serological testing, are available at RMC. PCR and antigen rapid tests confirm a current infection. Serological tests show if someone has previously caught the virus and has already recovered from it, even if they were asymptomatic.